As you can see, my goals stated in the previous post are going pretty swell! I’ll hold my first Cumulus Factory market stall at the Bondi Markets on Sunday, 24th March. I’m pretty excited to see what happens!
Last time I held a market stall, it was 1994-ish. My best friend Kira and I sold quilled cards (excellent quilling example here … N.B. ours wasn’t quite this awesome). We made a profit around $8 each to my memory. That was because Kira’s mum footed the bill for the stall. Thanks Kim!
If you have ANY tips whatsover for holding markets, please let me know!
I’m a speech pathologist by day. We were taught to make SMART goals for our clients. It’s not a ground breaking concept, but it does help me focus.
SMART stands for:
Realistic (or Relevant)
I’ve started to develop a few SMART goals around my Cumulus Factory endeavors. Here is what I’m shooting for right now:
• Have an equal number of instagram followers to the number I follow by the end of Sunday 10th March
• Make 5 cushions per week during March
• Make 5 tote bags per week during March
• Hold my first market stall before March is up
• Apply for Finders Keepers markets in December 2013
This weekend’s quota of 5 cushions. They still need to be stuffed.
How do you stay accountable to yourself? What goals are you currently working towards for your small business?