1) ETSY SALE! 20% off all ready-made cushions, tote bags and stickers in my Etsy shop. Use the code: SALEFORNOREASON – Valid until Sunday 28th April.
2) I hit 500 instagram followers!!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!
3) I’ll be taking custom cushion and bag orders until May 16th – 1 month later I’ll be heading off on a giant long-awaited trip to South America! If you’ve been thinking about ordering a custom cushion, have a look at my Etsy shop or instrgram account for some inspiration! You can use the custom order form.
These facts may or may not be connected.
Very exciting times over here in The Cumulus Factory 😀
The other day I had my very first Etsy sale! What a rush! It was a custom request for Teal/Grey cloud cushion. The customer was kind enough to send me a photo of her stunning apartment, with the cloud cushion in situ.
Etsy customer’s lovely photo of a Cumulus Factory cloud in her stunning apartment.
I’ve also had a word-of-mouth referral for 2 cushions, from a friend of a customer in Melbourne. Very excited to sew up these custom orders!
Which leads me to my next point… I’ve been imagining a kind of ‘visual custom order form’ for a while but I didn’t quite have the technical know-how to make one myself. I stumbled across 123 Contact Form and found exactly what I needed… Free! Booyah! So I now have a fancy custom order form which can be accessed here (through Facebook) or here (non-Facebook).
I’m pretty new to this Etsy thing. I’ve got things to sell and I know they’re excellent, but I just think I need more exposure. I’m mostly writing this post to track what I’m up to and hopefully someone can learn from this one day (most likely candidate: Me!) Here’s how I’m getting my things ‘out there’ at the moment:
☁ I am pretty active on Instagram – nearly 450 followers now!
☁ Facebook page has a little under 100 followers, most are people I already know. They’re my best customers til now!
I’m a speech pathologist by day. We were taught to make SMART goals for our clients. It’s not a ground breaking concept, but it does help me focus.
SMART stands for: Specific Measurable Attainable Realistic (or Relevant) Time-bound
I’ve started to develop a few SMART goals around my Cumulus Factory endeavors. Here is what I’m shooting for right now:
• Have an equal number of instagram followers to the number I follow by the end of Sunday 10th March
• Make 5 cushions per week during March
• Make 5 tote bags per week during March
• Hold my first market stall before March is up
• Apply for Finders Keepers markets in December 2013
This weekend’s quota of 5 cushions. They still need to be stuffed.
How do you stay accountable to yourself? What goals are you currently working towards for your small business?
I spend a lot of time on Pinterest and Etsy, and see so many wonderful cloud-inspired things. I thought it would be nice to do a round up of my Top 5 Clouds of the week. Check them out after the break!